Lulu Flint
limbus
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 3:34:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango lulu"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
within the cold submarine, a space had been set up. in the center of the room, there was a stainless-steel workbench, with sinks and gas outlets for bunsen burners; flasks, beakers, pipettes and test tubes; pH meters and centrifuges, and more.[break][break]

nearby was a polysomnography machine, an electromyogram and electrooculogram, and of course, the electroencephalogram as promised – each beside a bed with thick, sturdy straps.[break][break]

in the hall outside of all of that lingered the head scientist, eager to welcome in the room’s new resident. with the work of absinthe blackwood, a new chapter in the syndicate’s dream research would begin.[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".lulu"] --accent:#7C6678!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; overflow:hidden;} .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
bar owner, drug manufacturer
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
limbus
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 6:54:58 GMT
Absinthe Blackwood Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","absinthe"]
[attr="class","body"]

before this day, absinthe had filled her notebooks with ideas of avenues she could take for this project. acetylcholine would be a good choice. galantimine would encourage lucid dreaming with the help of serotonin. but what could make it as reliable as needed? what is the missing piece?[break][break]

she hasn't yet come across it. perhaps seeing the lab would set her mind straight.[break][break]

as such, the woman with briefcase in hand is shown to her lab by a nervous grunt who keeps glancing back at her as though waiting for her to suddenly attack. absinthe ignores him until they reach her lab, at which point she turns to him. "dismissed," is all she says, and the grunt hurries away.[break][break]

she turns to the head scientist. "lulu," she murmurs in greeting. "i trust the lab is adequate."[break][break]

something in absinthe tells her that it is beyond adequate, and more in the realm of everything she's ever dreamed of, but she'll hold off on celebration until she can actually see the room.

[break][break]

NOTES

- bingo: celebrate

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
limbus
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 20:48:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the north wing of rocket’s submarine was a frightening place. it wasn’t surprising to see the grunt in absinthe’s company so spooked as they arrived. however, the commanding air about the woman and her dismissal raised an eyebrow, and drew a nearly indetectable smirk from the head scientist.[break][break]

“see for yourself,” she said, holding open the laboratory door. a bright light washed through the steel hall like some deceptive heavenly gate. there would be creation.[break][break]

“i can find you assistants, should you need them. as for test subjects, we have a vast variety of pokemon at our disposal, and a prison in the east wing – though i’m sure as you home in on success, people will be lining up to try it.”[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; overflow:hidden;} .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
limbus
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2024 6:19:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

her heart flutters for the briefest moment as she steps into the lab. it is everything she has ever dreamed of. more space than she knows what to do with, and all the supplies she could ever need laid out in gleaming stainless steel.[break][break]

if absinthe were a weaker woman, she would cry.[break][break]

thankfully for everyone, she is not a weak woman.[break][break]

she enters, straightening her shoulders, and sets her briefcase down on a nearby countertop. "yes, assistants," she says shortly. "at least two, and well-trained. i will pull my test subjects from the prison."[break][break]

she meets lulu's gaze. "this is more than adequate," absinthe murmurs, and her voice is surprisingly genuine. "you've exceeded my expectations in every way. thank you."

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,682 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
limbus
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 21:06:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
“actually,” she reconsidered, ”not the prison – not unless they’re getting rid of someone. i want this to be very secret, especially in the beginning.”[break][break]

it was easy to locate subjects for such a thing. sadly, the world was full of lonely people who would not be missed if they spontaneously disappeared into thin air.[break][break]

”i’ll find you someone – unless you know of good candidates yourself.”[break][break]

the rest of what she’d brought there had been mostly from rocket’s prior endeavors. head scientists and others, faded into the past. the collection was impressive all the same, gleaming as good as new under bright light.[break][break]

absinthe’s gratefulness was met with a smile and a nod. “of course. as i said before, anything you need.”[break][break]

the click of her heels traveled around the room for a few steps before she turned.[break][break]

”how will you start?”[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
limbus
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 21:43:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe considers lulu's clarification, nodding. "very well," she says finally. "anybody will do. but it would be helpful if you could find those who have already experienced lucid dreams."[break][break]

the chemist looks around her lab again, her eyes taking in the pristine machines and resources laid out before her, unblemished by failure and time. it's almost a shame to mar them with use. almost.[break][break]

she pauses, though, at lulu's question. slowly, absinthe leans against the nearest counter, her arms crossing over her chest. she's always liked to pace while she ponders over difficult questions. as such, she takes a few thoughtful steps forward.[break][break]

"to start, i need to study the brain both at rest and in the midst of a lucid dream," she says slowly, weighing her options carefully. "to lucid dream is a trainable skill. i would prefer my assistants train the test subjects in the art of it."[break][break]

the chemist taps her fingers against her upper arm as she ponders further. "when i know the structure of a lucid dream, i will know the parts of the brain that needs to be stimulated to induce the same circumstances. then, i can formulate the drug with that knowledge in mind. off a hunch, galantamine will form the base of this endeavor. acetylcholine may be a good crossroad to explore, but i believe serotonin could also yield fruitful results."[break][break]

absinthe finally glances up at lulu. "it'll take time," she warns. "but i intend to make that time worthwhile."[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven